Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mary

As a child we had an ironing lady. My mother and I made a close bond with this woman, Mary, she had no children of her own. She was a woman of huge Christian faith and a huge inspiration to me. She was one of those women who when you thought of her and rang her, she was just thinking of you. Anyway she became very ill and I kept closer contact and we used to go out and catchup for coffee and a chat. She was nearly 70 years old when she died last year and before she died I opened up to her and told her about the stuff that I see and hear and I was glad that I did. She was a very special friend to me. I went to visit her nightly in hospital after she was told that she did not have much longer to live. We talked and talked about real stuff. She remembered things from my childhood that were special to me and she shared important memories of her childhood with me as well.

The dream I had was a few months ago now and was quite simple. I was in the centre of an area. This small car was driving fairly fast and energetically around and around and around me as if doing joyful circles around me? As the little brown car got closer to me I noticed Mary was the driver!! With the window down and so full of life, she smiled at me, knowing that I could see her. I remember saying something like "But you're dead and I can see you" Mary didn't say a word, but her face was so alive and alight.

I now see that dream as very special and significant. I kept thinking and thinking what could that dream mean? Thanks to Denise's words - It came to me last night when I was thinking of her driving around and around me. Of course "Mary IS around me" I've now opened up to the possibility of communicating with Mary as she was a most trusted and respected friend. I think we'll be hearing from her, with some great information, if/when it's meant to be.

2 comments:

  1. She sounds like she's in a happy place, and love how you've worked out she's around you! Wonder if the brown car has some sort of significance - sounds like a little plain brown sparrow - the ones who are always happy and larking through the air

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel, Actually, I give credit to a friend, Denise, who mentioned Mary being around me. It just sunk in for me personally when I realised that Mary driving around and around was simply in direct relation to Mary being around me. It doesn't get much simpler than that but sometimes the simple things elude us. Thank goodness for good friends.

    Also the brown car I'm almost certain was the first car Mary had when we first met when I was young. It wasn't the car that Mary had when she died and I had all but forgotten that she even had the little brown one, until after the dream and something twigged and it got dragged back from my subconscious. Maybe it was as if she was back in her younger days as her chosen form now? All interesting.

    ReplyDelete