Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Bow and arrow dream

Well last night's dream was most unexpected. In my dream I was at my home where I grew up as a child. There was a huge and powerful bow and arrow there. It may have belonged to my brother, not sure. I took hold of the bow, I grabbed the arrow and loaded the bow ready to shoot. The string of the bow was so taut and the sheer powerful energy of it in my hands demanded my attention. I was now standing outside the front of the house pointing the bow and arrow down the end of the straight street. Without thinking I used my might to pull back and then release the arrow. The huge arrow went hurtling down the road faster than my eye could follow. Once I had released it, I became suddenly aware of what an irresponsible and reckless thing I had done without first ensuring that there was nothing in the way that would be harmed.

I could not believe how far the arrow travelled, it made it right to the end of the street. At the end of the road was a house and there was an average height and weight pretty young woman in the front yard. I did not originally see her there as she was bending over or laying down in her garden behind a hedge or something. It was a horrible thing when the arrow speared her in the knee at high speed. Those long seconds of watching the flying arrow wondering where it would stop, knowing that there was nothing I could do to stop it, was sickening. Of course she screamed and screamed and I felt such remorse and self disgust. She was rushed to hospital.

Not long after that I was in a car talking to an old man, white hair I think (her grandfather? )and I asked how she was doing, he said "she's 99%" I was somewhat relieved to hear that. I knew I had to appologise in person and accept all the consequences attached to my recklessness. The fact that she was completely innocent and not deserving of what had happened stands out to me.

From this dream I could interpret it a number of different ways, figuratively, symbolically or literally. (Not that I plan on shooting anyone with a bow and arrow myself LOL but if I was looking through the eyes of another - that kind of literal sense. You knew what I meant:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment